Monday, January 13, 2014

Jan 3

Last nightingale Rattanakiri, Banlung I managed to score a deal on some motor bikes. With Nathalie and Kauneri's help the deal was $7/day.
The bikes were all delivered and were waiting with keys in them by the time we awoke. 

I was unsure about the Students riding abilities and as there advisor & mentor and therefor the safety director I decided to make a point of not suggesting they ride.
 I lost that battle when all but 2 insisted and chose to ride their own. 
The "smart ones" (as I like to call them) (Meredith & Matt!) or the two students who felt uneasy hopped on the back of our bikes and we were off to chase waterfalls and look for a herd of elephants. 
(Motobikin with my Pasenger Meredith)

The first waterfall, Cha Ung, was supposed to be the place we find the elephants.
 I had made arraingments the night before to have 2 elephants available for rides. 
But when we arrived there wasn't an elephant to be found. Of course I expected them to be hiding from us so I led the group down a trail and into the jungle. No Elephants but a kick ass waterfall! 


We all climbed underneath and a few tried to swim except Nature wouldn't allow. We packed up and headed up the trail for the motorbikes and a further search for our elephants. 


Down the dusty village road to find the jungle animals and the next waterfall.
Still no sign of our elephants as we got to the next river. However, we did find a local guy to take our deposit on a ride for Tommirow. Now we can stop chasing elephants and get on to business at hand, waterfalls! 
We found a doozy! 
A 15 minute climb down a slippery slope, across a rope bridge and down some stone carved steps put us at the most spectacular waterfall I've ever seen. 
  (Front to back: Matt, Meredith, me, Pat)

(Balancing a hug downed underwater tree)
          (Everyone under the Falls)

No Elephants but the best waterfall yet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment