Monday, December 23, 2013

Inle lake/day 2

Nothing special happened today. Late wake up, blog and email entries because we seem to have a sketchy but somewhat reliable wifi connection. 
I'm a bit under the weather. 
Probably has something to do with the fact that in the last 10 days on the road I've been in 8 different hotels in 3 different countries, two night buses, 3 flights a dozen taxis and 3 boat rides in numerous towns. 
I'm all snozzed up and need a bed day. We were moved to a new room yesterday when we returned from the lake. A much better room where Richard has his own bed again and Cuz & I are still sharing one. However, this time our shared bed is a queen. Feels great especially since he and Richard woke early and left me to own the room today. Feels cool to baby myself with a little alone time today.
Cuz stopped in a few times throughout the day to check on me and bring me fruit. Good Cuz! 

Somewhere around 5 pm (almost Inle bed time) I get outa bed, shower the snot off of me and head for the village center, blocks away, where I found Cuz in our new friend's travel kiosk.
                  (Zodiac doin biz)

 His name is Zodiac and one of the hippest dudes we have met here. We met yesterday by chance after I wandered into his travel agency kiosk to look at a cool map of Inle he had hanging on his wall. Soon afterward Cool and Richard connected with us inside and we all did a good hang with Zodiac. Richard even bought his bus ticket from him. We were now all friends.

So now here I am out of bed and in town on foot for the first time today and back at Zodiac's. He's not just your average tour company guy. What we realize now is he knows everyone and can get anything we desire. No limit, boat rides, bus rides, good food, smokes even a quick place to take a pee. With absolutely no toilets available in this kiosk strewn village, a pisser is a big plus. He knew everything and as our friend was willing to share with us his knowledge and enlightenment.
I was starving from my chill day alone so I went and found a tiny sidewalk meal place that provided fresh buttered popcorn gratis. I immediately sat and had a bowl of beef curry. 

Both Cuz and Richard ended up finding me, both ordering  a lassi (a delicious natural yogurt drink w assorted chopped fruit) while I drank my Myanmar(beer). Richard needed to run for his bus out to Yangon and u was ready for bed as darkness was already a
upon us. 
We returned home and cuz & I joined each other under the sheets in our comfy queen bed and quickly fell asleep.
Life is good!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're having a great time, Uncle Pepperoni! I hope you feel better. Zodiac seems like a pretty cool dude, and I could go for a lassi. Merry Christmas from Danny, Nanny, and me! And merry Christmas to cousin Peter, too. Thanks for the Starbucks and Target cards, and Danny says thanks for his as well!

    ReplyDelete