Thursday, December 26, 2013

Leaving Inle lake;(

Today we jump a wonderful (oximoron) night bus back to Yangon. 
     (The best night bus I've been on)
         (& still horrible to sleep on!)
It's been over a week since we left the big city. A night train to Mandalay, then an all day boat to Bagan, a night bus to Inle.

         (Our last sunset in Inle Lake) 


  (The approved position one takes in Inle)
                (Random but see?)
 With almost a full week here I am super relaxed and looking forward to getting back to the city for one more full day before our flight to Cambodia and the beginning of my assignment with the Engineers without Borders program I'll be participating in while in Phnom Penh & Banlung, (northern) Cambodia. 

              (The road out of Inle)

In Yangon I expect to reconnect with Varaswammi from the Buddhist monastery and see the cave here or at least have lunch. I wonder if he or the other monks have read the Jack Karouac book I gave him. 
Hopefully I'll receive no repercussions over that one.
Myanmar has been an amazing experience of raw proportion. The old with the new and a clear visible barrier between those in effort to preserve the traditions as others press for rapid change and westerification. 

My advice is to get here as soon as possible and witness the beauty of this place and it's people. 
Like me, it may make you consider how much more complicated we choose to live our lives.


                🎄Merry Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment